Location & Arrival
Arriving by public transport
- One of the great advantages of our hostel is that you can get to it very easily by train, because Freudenstadt is a railway junction in the northern part of the Black Forest. Whether you are coming from Stuttgart, Karlsruhe or Offenburg, you can be in Freudenstadt in just over an hour. The station is almost right in front of the hostel (300 m).
- Freudenstadt station is the terminus of the RE (regional express) trains from Stuttgart, the Ortenau S-Bahn local train from Offenburg to Freudenstadt, the S31 of the Karlsruhe Transport Association (KVV) from Odenheim to Freudenstadt and one of the stops of the S41 of the KVV from Karlsruhe to Eutingen.
- If arriving by RE trains or the Ortenau S-Bahn train, change at Freudenstadt main station (Hauptbahnhof). Take the S41 and S31 towards Karlsruhe and get off at the second stop "Freudenstadt Schulzentrum". On the northern side of the S-Bahn railway station, walk along Eugene-Nägele-Straße for 5 minutes until you get to the hostel.
- If you show your KONUS-Gästekarte (KONUS Guest Ticket) when boarding a bus or train, you can travel free on all nine of linked public transport systems of the Black Forest holiday region. For detailed information, go to www.konus-schwarzwald.de
- Get off at Freudenstadt bus station - next to the S-Bahn train station.
- Cross the railway crossing from the city railway station on the left. Then take the second road on right. You are now in Gottlieb-Daimler-Straße; follow the road to the end.
- Walk for about 10 to 15 minutes, and you will then see the Youth Hostel on the right-hand side.
Rail service for DJH members
The Community Travel GmbH offers DJH members discounted RIT tickets for a return journey within Germany - this applies only in conjunction with stays in a hostel. School classes and groups can make use of this offer. You must carry confirmation of your booking with you when travelling.
Our partner can handle your enquiry via the booking hotline +49 4845 79 18 464 or www.anreise-jugendherberge.de. Payment must be made by direct debit. Tickets will be sent by post or online by e-mail. In the event of a cancellation, the ticket may be returned free of charge to the agency up to the first day of travel.